Stay Updated On My Personal Progress!!!!!

Please type in your email address if you want to stay updated about my Personal Progress. It will send emails of my posts right to your inbox!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nauvoo Temple Trip

Our youth group went to Nauvoo and spent the night in the Nauvoo House.  It was amazing!  My favorite part was going to the temple!  The Nauvoo Temple is so beautiful, and I felt the spirit very strongly.  I had such a great time, and was able to become closer to my Savior there.  I truly felt like a princess.There were marble walls, and it made me realize that I was in a castle, which was Heavenly Father's house.  I was an honorary guest there, and was able to participate in the joy and beauty of that castle.
  My second favorite part was getting to see the Christus statue in real life.  My favorite thing in the whole world is that statue.  It is so beautiful, and it is the closest hing I know to seeing the Savior.I was talking to a sister missionary about this statue, and I told her about how I've always wanted to sit at it's feet and give this statue a hug.She told me that children would often come and hug the Christus statue.  She then told me about a little child who once sat at the feet of the Christus and pretended to put a band-aid on the nail marks on His feet.  That is so sweet.  It reminds me of becoming as a little child.
The pageant was great, and the pre-pageant fair was amazing.  I had a lot of fun, but my favorite part was the music.  I loved seeing people preform the music of the time.

Carthage was great to visit.  I had been there before, but I was only three years old.  It was much more meaningful to me this time.  It is pretty amazing to walk the same floor and pass through the same doorways as Joseph and Hyrum did.

1 comment:

  1. I tried adding pictures, but for some reason it wouldn't let me. There is a picture of the Christus statue at the bottom of my page.

    ReplyDelete